Wednesday, September 20, 2006

First Word of "Revolution" in Bangkok


A cell phone call from a friend in New York City alerted me that there was "a revolution" taking place in Bangkok. I was in the lobby of my guesthouse checking my email at the time. I mentioned it to other guests -- none of whom were as yet aware. We turned on BBC where Bush was addressing the UN.

Cable television is no longer operating in Bangkok (3:30am)

What was on Thai television at 11:30pm? Every Bangkok TV station was playing a videos of the Thai Royal Family. Here is a photo of the local Thai TV (four and a half hours ago). Shown on the screen is HM the King of Thailand who is greatly beloved by the Thai people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because all comments on this blog are moderated, there will be some delay before your comment is approved.