- Saw many movies in the Siam cinema. But won't anymore. It's been torched.Wise Kwai -- wisekwai on Twitter -- blogs at Thai Film Journal.
- Retweeting KevinRevolinski: Inglourious Basterds at the Siam. That's ominous, given how it ends for the Nazis watching the movie.
- Siam movie theatre has been collasped.
- Retweeting BobThailand: Rebuilding shopping malls and movie theaters will be much easier than rebuilding Thai society after today.
- Crap. Guess I can take out the contact phone number for the Siam theater on the movie page.
- Re-tweeting Agam_T: the grand old classic movie theatre, Scala, set ablaze by #redshirts. Bangkok's history is disappearing before our eyes. Damn, now Lido too!
- Re-tweeting veen_NT: Note: my last weet on Siam courtesy of Khun Yodyium Theptranont, an architect who considers Siam Theartre as one of Bkk historial sites.
- Re-tweeting veen_NT: RIP Siam Theatre - 44 years ago the first movie screened at Siam was "Rot Tung Prachan Ban", charging only Bt7 for a front-row seat.
Update: Wise Kwai has just posted about the destruction of the cinemas on his blog: "Siam Theatre contributed greatly to the culture of Bangkok movie-going.... an irreplaceable loss. Cinemas like that one are no longer built."