Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pittsburgh Police test sonic weapons on students

2 UPDATES
In this video it appears as if police decided to test out new anti-riot gear on the students at the University of Pittsburgh. Weapons used in the video include "less lethal munitions," sound weapons, and tear gas.

What is the threshold for the use of less lethal munitions against Americans?   Now we know.



In the next video, it's not clear what objective the police are trying to achieve by chasing the students into their dormitories. The scene scared the hell out of the girls who made this video:



Have sonic weapons ever been used on American civilians before?   See "The first use of sonic weapons on US citizens."

UPDATE:
Quotes from a good discussion on non-lethal weapons. 
DESAI: There is no national repository of data on less-lethal weapons, nor are there national testing or evaluation standards for less-lethal weapons. Sid Heal is an expert on less-lethal weapons and a commander with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. He asserts the federal government hasn't put any money into creating a database or setting standards, so police are forced to rely on weapons manufacturers for information and training. 

Mr. SID HEAL (Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department): Most of them are telling us the truth; they're just not telling us the whole truth. Not a single thing out there provides an advantage without some trade-off. What we're missing is the trade-offs.
 Professor CHRIS STONE (Harvard University): They're sometimes using a less-lethal weapon when they wouldn't have used any weapon at all. That can be a good thing if it's used properly. But the challenge that we found is that the weaponry has gotten ahead of the training, ahead of the policies, ahead of the planning.
UPDATE 2
See new post "First use of sonic weapons on American citizens"

1 comment:

  1. My name is Darren M. and I believe I am being targeted with concentrated infrasonic sound waves while I attempt to sleep at night. I believe I am being targeted for D.E.W. (directed energy weapon) experimentation/harassment purposes by an entity within the U.S. government employing private contractors to carry out this experimentation/harassment.

    I am awakened many times throughout my sleep periods to a feeling of vibrations traveling through my body in a straight line. The vibrations are focused in a narrow beam. It is impossible for me to stay asleep when I am targeted with these inaudible concentrated sound waves which increase my pulse rate as they travel through me. Different parts of my body are targeted at different times. When my head is targeted I will awake with moderate to severe headaches. I have also experienced head spins to the point that I had to lift my head up out of a lying down position to make them stop. When my chest area is targeted, I will awake with rapid or irregular heartbeats. In addition, I experience sleep deprivation on a nightly basis due to the repeated forced awakenings. The private contractors that target me hit me every 1-2 hours on average during the first part of my sleep period, and they increase the frequency of their targeting to every 15-30 minutes during the 2nd part of my sleep period. I fear that I will lose my job and become homeless due to the sleep deprivation that this experimentation/harassment has caused me. I also fear that my health will deteriorate.

    I want to make sure that my story is told in the event this experimentation causes my premature death. I also want to make sure that potential future victims do not suffer the way I have from these silent sound wave weapons. I don’t believe anyone can help me because of my failed attempts to provide proof of this experimentation and the apparent disbelief and disinterest of the authorities in the U.S.

    Darren M.
    Email: dewtarget05 AT yahoo DOT com
    716-541-7062

    ReplyDelete

Because all comments on this blog are moderated, there will be some delay before your comment is approved.