Friday, March 7, 2008

Obama not revolutionary?

In a previous post, I suggested that Obama needs to get behind revolutionary ideas, much as Ronald Reagan had. But today I came across this old Obama interview from Harper's Magazine. It seems Obama is not big on revolutions . . .
“Since the founding, the American political tradition has been reformist, not revolutionary,” he told me during an interview at his office on Capitol Hill this summer. “What that means is that for a political leader to get things done, he or she ideally should be ahead of the curve, but not too far ahead. I want to push the envelope but make sure I have enough folks with me that I’m not rendered politically impotent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because all comments on this blog are moderated, there will be some delay before your comment is approved.